Sunday, March 6, 2011

Easy Strawberry Cookies

I have been searching for a recipe to clone the strawberry cookies from a local strawberry farm store. After perusing several websites, I decided to try one that I found on allrecipes.com. It sounded way too easy to be very tasty, but since I had most of the ingredients I gave it a shot anyway. As usual being too lazy to go to the store, I had to “Mommy MacGyver” but the cookies still turned out great. (I did not have the regular type of non dairy whipped topping; so I used the canned spray whipped cream.) I think that trial and error is a great way to learn how to cook. It makes for a very creative cook. If the recipe doesn’t turn out right, make improvements for the next time or just don’t make it again.


Strawberry Cookies

Ingredients:
• 1 (18.25 ounce) package strawberry cake mix

• 1 egg, lightly beaten

• 1 (8 ounce) carton frozen whipped topping , thawed

• 2 cups confectioners' sugar



Directions:

1. In a mixing bowl, combine the cake mix, egg and whipped topping until well combined.

2. Place confectioners' sugar in a shallow dish.

3. Drop dough by tablespoonfuls into sugar; turn to coat.

4. Place 2 in. apart on greased baking sheets.

Bake at 350 degrees F for 10-12 minutes or until lightly browned around the edges

This recipe made me think of another way that I think I’ll try to post recipes: Twitter. My new project is going to be trying to post quick, simple, recipes on Twitter.  So keep following!